måndag 20 juni 2011

MOSAIC MONDAY: Mauvecoloured roses....


...with lovely flowers, are growing in my rosegarden.
A mix and mosaic of them will be my blogpost to this Mosaic Monday by the hostess MARY with the little Red House.
It is the unknown gallica 'Hippolyte', placed in the vase, which change its colurs in its age, to dark, dark mauve. It is a rose with a good health; a onceblooming rose, but it flowers a long period of the roseseason, and with a lot of flowers on the roseplant.The picture in the mosaic, with only one flower, is also 'Hippolyte', very old-fashioned in its look, isn't it? And it has a nice rosy fragrance.
The other rose, is a more "difficult" to grow, as you some seasons can find a lot of blackspot decease on it. So I warn you for the rose: 'Souvenir d'Alphonse Lavallé', a French old climber bred by Verdier 1884. But isn't it lovely?...And it smells good too.


Maybe it is some misplaced in the colour together with the climber 'Dortmund'(more about this rose HERE)...


...but if I plant a clematis between them?...





















Have a nice week!
best wishes,
AnnA

2 kommentarer:

genie sa...

I admire and take my hat off to those of you who raise roses. I have never had any luck with them, but do love their soft look and aroma. Your are beautiful...I especially like the climbing ones. Such a lovely post. Genie

Inger sa...

Ja, det behövs en klematis mellan rosorna, ser ut som du redan har en där:)